- Operates CNC machines, lathes, milling machines, drill press, surface grinding, blueprint reading. Must be able to machine threads and cut tapered shafts and fitted bolts.
- Perform complex operations on many kinds of machine tools, including drill presses, lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and precision grinding machines.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Performs machine set-ups without supervision.
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 2 years of recent experience working in a shipyard/shop as an inside machinist.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of general hand tools as well as those common to an Inside Machine Shop (lathes, milling machines, drill/hydraulic presses, grinders).
- Must have experience fabricating large parts.
- Must be familiar with the use of precision measuring instruments: outside/inside micrometers, depth mics, venires, etc.
- Ability to comprehend complex mechanical drawings, blueprints, instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must have manual machine operation experience.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #44071
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.