- Operates rolling machine to bend metal plates, sheets, or bars into arcs, cylinders, or cones, using blueprints, templates, and knowledge of geometry and physical properties of metal to set up machine and plan sequence of operations: Pulls lever to lift upper roll, and positions workpiece into machine manually, or using crane.
- Lowers rolls and turns nuts or handwheel to lock roll into machine, and to adjust to thickness of metal if operating block roll.
- Turns handwheel to adjust roll to set degree of curvature of initial pass.
- Starts machine and sets feed speed of workpiece back and forth between rolls.
- Adjusts roll between each pass to form workpiece into specified shape.
- Hammers workpiece to align it between rolls.
- Measures arcs with template.
- May set adjustment roll at angle to form conical shapes.
- May adjust roll to straighten warped or bent bars or plates.
- May operate horizontal or vertical roll-forming machine to straighten or bend angles, bars, or channels into rings or arcs and be designated Angle-Roll Operator.
- May operate rolling machine to bend sheet metal to specified curvature and be designated Roll Operator, Sheet Metal.
- May operate vertical roll machine and adjust elevation of roller tables to support workpiece and be designated Vertical-Roll Operator.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #44076
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.