- Performs electrical repairs and maintenance to the yard facilities, utilities, power distribution, and production equipment.
- Performs new installations and modifications to yard facilities, utilities, power distribution, and production equipment.
- Installs and removes temporary portable production support equipment, utility distributions, and other services on board ships and in the yard.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Inspects equipment to insure safe and reliable operations
- Performs equipment service and repairs on equipment using the specified tools and test equipment.
- Fills out various required reports and documentation, such as; work orders, inspection forms, discrepancy sheets, log books, and service forms.
MATERIAL, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDS:
- Test equipment such as; pressure and flow gauges, voltage meter, current meter, megometer, tachometer, multimeter, infrared optics, sonic testers, circuit testers, high voltage testers, high pot, ground fault circuit testers, circuit tracers, etc. Other equipment installed meters and gauges.
- Tools and work aids such as; soldering irons and guns, hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, bearing and gear pullers, hand and table saws, bench grinders, files polishers, port-a-powers, hand trucks, lifts, chain falls, tack welding equipment, jib cranes, man lifts, forklifts, scissor lifts, conduit benders, tubing benders, crimpers, and bench vises and the use of the Oscilloscope.
- Performs installations, repairs and maintenance on all electrical distributions throughout the facilities and on board the ships and barges.
- Performs repairs to production equipment and portable production support equipment in the facilities and on-board ships and barges. Production equipment is defined as equipment utilizing electrical switches relay logic type, and simple analog controls.
- Trouble shoots more complex analog control and simple digital control circuits.
- Isolate problems utilizing digital readouts and understanding error codes.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43830
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.