General Laborer Job Responsibilities:
- Laborers engage in offering services such as manpower, where application of physical force is in need, and are generally on construction sites, building facilities, warehouses and shipyards.
- Responsibilities include being in charge of preparing and restoring construction/ship repair sites, maintaining the smooth flow of machineries, handling most of the hand tools, assembling scaffoldings, restoring/cleaning used tools, determining defects on sites.
- After OSHA approved training, may also be asked to act as Fire Watch.
- Fire watch personnel maintain surveillance of areas where hot work — welding or cutting with torches — has occurred. Welding and cutting both cause sparks and bits of molten metal to fly into the surrounding area.
- The fire watch maintains a lookout for small fires started by these sparks and bits of slag.
- Should a fire begin to develop or occur, they execute their primary duty of sounding the alarm and, if possible, attempt to control the fire.
Education and Skills:
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Oftentimes, candidates applying for positions such as ship fitting and pipe fitting also need additional experience.
- Must be a fast learner, be resistant on changing weather conditions (continuous working) and have the willingness to work longer hours or even on weekends and on a graveyard shift.
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident and able to pass a background check and drug screening.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43821
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.