Payroll Coordinators will audit external employee applications for accuracy and completeness. Maintain external employee files and perform employee file audits. Process weekly payroll by receiving timecards from customers and keying into system. Enter garnishments and other deductions onto employee file each week. Open and answer mail which includes verifications of employment. Work with the third party vendor to handle unemployment claims.
- Audit external employee applications for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure employees are properly placed on job order
- Maintain log of applications received
- Scan and file application in accordance with retention policy
- Inspects timesheets/timecards presented for payment for completeness and accuracy
- Garnishment Processing
- Enter deductions into the payroll processing system as needed.
- Keeps track of child support and other required deductions.
- Prepares weekly reports accounting for advances and makes certain these are collected on a timely basis.
- Makes any required changes to employee information such as change of address, withholding or regular deductions.
- Prepares batches as required in case of payroll errors or terminations.
- Enters and maintains cash card information on the vendor website and enters correctly into payroll software
- Work with third party vendor to process unemployment claims in a timely manner. Communicate if necessary with the branches regarding any unemployment meetings or issues if they arise.
- Maintain proper record keeping of timesheets, garnishments, and payroll backup.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the Payroll or Accounting Manager.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephones on a need be basis
- Interacts positively with co-workers and customers
- Provides support to branches as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Arranges for special checks, such as advance pay.
- Opens and answer mail on a daily basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy.
- Detail oriented
- Able to work effectively in fast paced , noisy environment
- Able to determine and handle multiple priorities
- Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
- Ability to perform computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with payroll/accounting training desirable.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 20 pounds
- Be able to type or key for long periods of time.
TO APPLY, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.