The Project Manager/Superintendent is responsible for the overall Project from the time the Project is being developed during the Planning Phase up until the final milestone is met, the availability is complete, and the ship is successfully delivered back to the customer. They perform as the lead representative of our Company and act as the prime point of contact for our customers. The avoidance of, inaccurate decisions, errors in work and reporting or passing out information that may put the fiscal position of the organization at risk or damage the Company’s reputation is one of their primary responsibilities.
POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Preferred minimum of six (6) years of shipboard repair experience within a Public or Private shipyard (Prior military experience with the US Navy in an engineering or directly related field would qualify)
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing trade and technical personnel within complex activities or shipboard availabilities, including knowledge of Naval Work Authorization Form(WAF) management.
- Must have experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience working within a “Cost Type” or “Fixed Type” contract is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no major driving infractions in the last 7 years.
- Able to gain access to Government facilities and able to obtain a Security clearance once employed.
- Able to work nights and weekends during peak workloads or as requested by Senior Management. Must be willing to travel and manage ship repair availabilities in remote, out-of-state locations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including respirator.
- Preferred experience with shipboard habitability repair and installations.
Vision Requirements: The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach or by performing mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as ones by electricians, technicians, service people, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Reports to Branch Manager
- Maintain relevant/professional outsourcing relationships with our Teaming Partners/Sub Contractors in tracking milestones and work percent complete for all contracted work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and manage others.
- Has supervisory responsibility for all employees assigned to the team.
- Ensure all project information being provided by our customers is forwarded to all departments within our Company and that all project data and information is regularly entered into the appropriate management data systems for internal reviews.
- Implement Project Management processes and tools by contributing to the process and providing guidelines to support the project.
- Assist the Branch Manager in developing project proposals, job estimates and schedules.
- Provide job oversight to foremen, tradesman and labor personnel as required to ensure that timelines and benchmarks are being met.
- Able to assemble, plan, lead and facilitate regular cross-functional Project Team meetings with Company personnel, our Sub Contractors as well as representatives from our customers and the US Navy.
- Able to develop detailed task list, work effort assessment, including short- and long-term resource allocation plans based on inputs from Senior Managers and Team Members
- Able to identify changes in work scope to ensure appropriate planning measures are being taken and communicated to the General Manager for reassessing, renegotiating, and amending the scope of work, schedules and budgets.
- Must be able to identify, assess and analyze with the Team, any risk and/o issues that may compromise the successful completion of the Project and develop plans/actions that will remove this risk. Able to provide leadership when schedule/production conflicts may occur, and the Team is looking for resolution.
- Responsible to provide independent, complex analysis, concept formulation and new method identification.
- Maintain joint responsibility of project budges and schedules to ensure project completion is “On-time and On-Schedule” with General Manager and leadership.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43957
Call: 904-357-5543 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.