Must have working knowledge and of marine coating application and surface preparation for paint, varnish, and stain to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of various structures.
- Proper use and care of chain hoists (1 ton to 40 tons) to rig steel piping and machinery where cranes are not available.
- Knowledge of the proper use of wire rope lashing to rig where lifting pads are not installed or available.
- Knowledge of weight calculations, center of gravity and how to apply rigging gear (chain hoists, shackles, and wire ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
- Knowledge of rigging knots, splicing of rope and wire rope reeving and seizing.
- Experience in rigging loads from a crane hook to other rigging points inside a structure or building.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Work involves considerable stooping, bending, and working in overhead structures and on scaffolds.
- May be required to lift and/or carry equipment/objects greater than 50lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug test.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #44079
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.