- Assist Safety Manager and other Safety Department personnel in the performance of their duties and perform assigned professional health and safety work including conducting routine compliance inspections; investigating accidents; preparing and disseminating information on safety principles, regulations, standards, and methods; and preparing reports.
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned areas ensuring that all operations (including those of Sub-Contractors) are in compliance with Federal, State and local regulations and Shipyard health and safety policies and procedures; identify health and safety hazards or deficiencies and initiates corrective action through production supervision.
- Prepare written reports on inspections, accident investigations, statistical information on injuries and illnesses, employee complaints or concerns. Write articles to be used as Safety Grams, Gangbox topics or other training programs. Review reports and articles generated by subordinates.
- Conduct various safety training classes as required, (new hire safety orientation; employee recall safety orientation) and other specialized safety training. Conduct subcontractor safety orientation.
- Review current literature and trade publications in order to remain current regarding all OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards and regulations.
- Attend or conduct safety related meetings with all levels of management, employee safety committees and other production training sessions.
- Establish a close working relationship and communicate with department, stage, area and ship managers on a regular basis.
- Participate in Safety Management System audits and other activities required by OHSAS 18001.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one (1) year of experience performing the duties of a Safety Representative in the Shipyard, or full-time experience directly related to safety duties comparable to a Shipyard Safety Representative in industrial or commercial plants and/or construction sites; OR
- Continuing education in approved Health and Safety related courses towards a Professional Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Must have basic knowledge of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered including:
- Applicable Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Presentation techniques for health and safety training.
- Techniques used to recognize health and safety hazards.
- Working with hazardous materials.
- Ship configuration.
- Shipbuilding techniques and shipyard operations.
- Safe operation of tools and machinery.
- Use of computer software programs (MS Office, iOS applications).
- Must have the ability to provide solutions to routine technical problems.
- Must be able to obtain access to military bases.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, in both oral and written applications in order to successfully interact with other safety representatives, management and employees.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43816
Call: 904-357-5543 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.