- Sharpen tooling using a surface and pedestal grinder.
- Adjust machine settings as required.
- Read & interpret shop order, pull appropriate materials, and produce parts to blueprint specifications.
- Use appropriate gauges to check product and ensure that parts meet quality specifications.
- Enter production into kiosk and move product to next operation.
- Responsible for setup and operation of screw machines using raw materials to produce finished parts.
- Setup and operate screw machines.
- Change colletts, pushers, cams and gears.
- Change tooling for job setup, replace broken tooling and make adjustments as necessary.
- Perform daily maintenance on machines.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace. Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience using micrometers, calipers and other gauges.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience with screw machines.
- Experience with Acme Gridley, Browne & Sharp or Davenport preferred.
- Prior Tow Motor experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Push or pull product up to 200 pounds.
- Use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment requiring the employee to stand and walk for majority of an 8 to 10-hour day.
- Bend, lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43965
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.