As a member of the Program Management Team, manage a designated portion of a Navy surface ship repair package including the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems in Engineering, Crew Berthing, Electronic/Combat System Suites, and Mission Critical spaces.
- Ensure assigned work is completed on time and within established budgets.
- Resolve all problems that cannot otherwise be resolved by assigned craft supervision, as well as working with the customer, subcontractors, and other departments to keep a minimum of interferences and distractions from impacting the progression of work.
- Conduct ship checks. Attend meetings.
- Participate in and assist craft personnel in setting up production schedules and manpower projections by reading and interpreting detailed work items, drawings, and related budgeting and man-hour reports.
- Ensure craft supervision and subcontractors are aware of milestones, key events, and target dates for assigned work.
- Ability to assess production progress and discuss production status with the Project Management Team.
- Interface with other shipyard departments including Estimating, Quality Assurance and Testing, Environmental, and Production Support.
- 5 Years experience working with U.S. Navy ship repair and modernization contracts.
- At least 3 of the 5 years should be in a supervisory / project management environment.
- High School or equivalent plus appropriate Trade / Armed Forces school + 5 years related experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Software Programs. Knowledge of shipboard work control procedures, tag out procedures, and Government Work Authorization Form (WAF) controls.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and recommend changes to the work flow process using the IDR (Inspection Discrepancy Report) process.
- Must have OSHA 10 and fire watch training.
- Must be available to work day shift or night shift as required.
- Must be DBIDs eligible.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43920
Call: 904-357-5543 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.