- Read and interpret routine blueprints.
- Uses hand tools of the trade.
- Maintenance for cold header tooling.
- Work with cold header operators, engineering and production to support customer’s needs and lead times.
- Set up and operate tools such as lathes, milling machines, shaper and grinder to machine parts and verifies conformance of machines parts to specifications.
- Fit and assemble jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Sets up runs off and test dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting them.
- Lapping, grinding, fitting, and finishing dies
- Maintain Cleanliness and organization in the tool room.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High school graduate, trade school or apprenticeship preferred.
- 5 year minimum experience working with carbide and tool steel
- Ability to make carbide trap and extrusion dies.
- Able to read and understand production prints and tolerances.
- Computer experience required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routings, use shop math, and use various hand held measuring tools.
- General Safety.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Quality System Awareness.
- Continuously lift up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently lift 11- 50 lbs.
- Frequently bends, twists & turns, reach lower than knee, push and pull, squat and kneel.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stands through 8 hour shift.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43966
Call: 904-357-5541 (Hablamos Español)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.